New York Kayak Company
Committed to the Urban Paddling Experience
Welcome to New York Kayak Company on Pier 40 in Manhattan's Hudson River Park.
Established in 1994, New York Kayak Company (NYKC) is small commercial kayak and stand up paddleboard (SUP) outfitter and dedicated to bringing the finest level of instruction and guide services to Manhattan. Our instructors and guides are American Canoe Association (ACA)-certified, we have a Club for members, and we offer both a retail and online kayak and SUP store.
We sell kayaks from Tiderace, Impex, Fenn, Tootega, Feathercraft, and KayakPro and RedPaddle inflatable SUP boards. Demos are available by appointment.
Don't hesitate to call if you have questions or can't find something in our online store that you're looking for. If we don't already have it, we can get it. Customers in North America can call toll-free: +1(800)KAYAK-99 (952-2599).
We urge international customers who intend to make that special kayak specialty purchase when they're in New York to call or email ahead of time so we can be certain to have exactly the size and color that you desire. International (and local customers) can call +1(212)924-1327. We gladly ship internationally. A $20 service charge will be added to international orders under $100 to cover the cost of the export paperwork. International customers are responsible for any duties or customs clearing charges their orders may incur.
All prices are in US dollars.
On the Water
- Experienced or a beginner, we have classes and tours that are informative and fun.
- Our kayak fleet for the club, instruction, and tours includes a variety of roto-mold and composite decked boats. You’re sure to have a kayak that fits you.
- Our instructors and guides are well trained and certified by the American Canoe Association.
- Our shop inventories the best boats, gear, and instructional materials that we can find.
- We use the products we sell. Our recommendations are based on experience.
- Our Club provides you with easy access to kayaks and stand up paddleboards so that you can get started without the expense of purchasing and be free of concerns about maintenance or storage.
Group and Corporate Events
We offer a variety of activities for business outings and group events from tours on sit-on-top kayaks to Kayabi – a new team sport only at NY Kayak.